Monday, October 27, 2008

Fun With Friends

This weekend our local aquarium hosted it's annual "Guppyween" celebration. All the kids get dressed up and go trick-or-treating at the aquarium. Being that I am STILL waiting for Maggie, and have no other kids, I knew NOTHING about this. So...when my best friend called and asked if I wanted to join her and her 13 month old daughter, I jumped at the chance. I must say that my "honorary niece" was the cutest Tinkerbell that I have ever seen!

She was mesmerized by all the fish

There was a wall of fog with laser images of dancing fish and she didn't quite know what to make of it. She was holding on to me for dear life. You can see the look of terror in her face :o(

We had a great time and it was so fun to see all the little kids dressed up for Halloween. It did make me a little sad though. I started the adoption process way before my best friend ever thought about having a baby. When she and her husband decided to get pregnant I was so excited because I thought that their child would be somewhere around the same age as mine. We talked about how much fun it would be for our kids to be best friends just like us. Obviously that didn't happen. Her daughter is now 13 months old and my child probably hasn't even been conceived yet.

But there is a bright spot - - - they allow me to be such a big part of their daughter's life. I was there during her pregnancy and got to go to an ultrasound appointment with her, I was there for her birth, which was A-MAZ-ING and I now I get to be there and watch her grow into the sweetest, most loving little girl in the world. I am so blessed. And Maggie will be as well.











1 comment:

Polar Bear said...

Your 'honorary' niece is adorable.
I know how you feel about this timeline. When we first started the process my sister-in-law was six months pregnant. We were excited the babies would be close in age. Ha! My niece is going to be four in December! I guess we just have to laugh and go on.

I enjoyed looking at your blog.