Monday, March 30, 2009
Although I am excited that she is able to have the best doctor, I am scared for her. I mean seriously, it's freakin brain surgery!!!! It's a 4-6 hour surgery and I'm sure they will be the longest hours of my life.
I'm outta here on Tuesday to meet up with her in Phoenix. Keep praying!!!
Monday, March 23, 2009
- Insurance companies suck. My sister was referred to a doctor in Phoenix and her insurance company denied it because it is an out of state referral. They told her they would find someone in CT who can do the surgery and the doctor they sent her to has NEVER done the type of surgery she needs. It's still a big nightmare and she has appealed her case but no luck as of yet.
- My Dad was here for three weeks and he left this morning. He comes every year for spring training and we always have a lot of fun while he is here. As much as I will miss him, Duke will miss him even more. He cried as Dad drove away this morning. It was sad.
- My brother is having surgery next week to remove a mass from his neck. My poor Mom (who has been helping Katie deal with all her medical issues) is flying to SLC to spend time with him and to help out.
- The weather here has been amazing! Sunny, breezy and in the high 70's or low 80's every day. I made the mistake of putting on my bathing suit yesterday to try and catch some rays and came to the realization that I need to diet. Big Time. Enough said.
- I'm addicted to Faceb00k! I love reconnecting with old friends. I'd forgotten about so many people and I had to get out my high school yearbook to look them up and remember who they were. Is that bad??? I found out that one of the girls I graduated with has adopted two girls from China. She and I have emailed back and forth and she shared a lot about her story with me. Someone else that I went to school with adopted a girl from Korea. I never would have know this without Faceb00k!!!
- I still have a job. I should be happy, right?? Not so much.
- The rumors are flying again. I try and try but I just can't seem to stay away from them. A few people who's blogs I have been following for what seems like FOREVER are on the verge of referral and it is very exciting. I hope that they will finally be able to see the faces that they have dreamed about for so long! Bring it on CC@@!
Monday, March 9, 2009
I made it home to CT to see Katie and I think the weekend was good for both of us. I know that I felt better just seeing that she really was ok and she started to feel better while I was there. We had a great time just lounging around our parents house - talking, laughing and doing all kinds of research on hemorrhagic strokes and cavernous malformations. Sounds fun, I know!
Her doctor told her that eventually she will need surgery to repair the rupture and that he wasn't sure if it would be invasive or non-invasive. He referred her to a doctor in Phoenix who is supposedly the best of the best. She sent all her tests, medical records, etc. and we waited for them to call. Obviously, we were hoping for non-invasive. They called her Friday night and said that it would definitely be invasive surgery and that she would be in the hospital for five days. We are waiting now for them to schedule the surgery :o(
Sucks. Big. Time.
Last week Dad came down for some spring training baseball. He's been going to games just about every day and will be here for about a month. On Sunday, Adam's mom came to town to spend some time with us. There were lot of laughs and a lot of tears as we talked about how much we miss Adam. I can't believe that it's been four years since he left us. It still doesn't seem real.
Gail left on Tuesday and my brother KC and sister-in-law Jodi came into town on Thursday. Poor Jodi had the flu by the time she got here and spent all day Friday in bed with a fever. KC, Dad and I went to see the Pirates vs the Rays in Bradenton with KC's high school friend Scott.
Fortunately Jodi was better on Saturday after a walk and some fresh air. We went down to the beach for lunch, drinks and the sunset. It was a beautiful weekend - sunny and in the 80's - finally!! We had a great visit and then they were headed back to SLC and cold weather.