It seems like so much has been going on and I really want to try and make a better effort to journal things so that I have something to look back at. In no particular order:
- For as slow as the China program is moving, the summer seems to be flying by! The last week of June was spent with most of "the girls" from my family. They all flew down and were here to celebrate my birthday with me. We had a lot of laughs and it made me realize once again how much I miss being with my family.
- Mom and Katie spent three weeks with me. The flight down was pretty rough on Katie and she ended up with severe headaches and an upset stomach for the first few days that she was here. She was still having double vision from her surgery in April and was pretty uncomfortable being out in public with her eye patch on. Once again, our prayers were answered when she woke up one morning and could see clearly!!! No more double vision!!! No more eye patch!!!
- I was sad to see she and Mom leave but I know that she was anxious to get home and get on with her life. She was finally able to move back into her own house after living with my parents since her stroke on February 5th. She is driving, going out with friends and living as if nothing ever happened! Hallelujah!!
- There have been more layoffs at work. Many of my friends have been let go and my office that once had 110 people in it, now has 28. Scary stuff. Although I feel fairly safe, you just never know. People that had been with our company for 20+ years are now out looking for jobs. It's not even a fun place to work anymore :(
- I recently found out that a friend from high school suddenly passed away. We weren't close friends but pretty much grew up together. We were in girl scouts together and on the swim team. It made me really sad when I heard it.
- I've become addicted to faceb**k! It's been so much fun to catch up with old friends and be able to peek into their lives.
- My best friends daughter is about to turn two! When I first started even thinking about adopting, she and her husband were pretty positive that they were never going to have kids. In the time that I've been logged in, they changed their minds, got pregnant, had a baby and now she will be two. Two freakin years old and I am still waiting. That sucks.
- Several of the people whose blogs that I have been following for years, finally received their referrals and have been to China and back already. It's been really exciting to see them united with their daughters and to see how these kids fit perfectly with the family that was chosen for them. It gives me hope.
I'm sure there's more that has been going on, but that's the best I can do for now!