Sunday, December 14, 2008

Christmas time in Florida


It didn't take me long to get over my pity party mentioned in the last post. I had a good cry and felt much better within a few days. Don't get me wrong, I still can't believe that this will be my 3rd Christmas waiting for my daughter and I am still so sad that she isn't here yet. But, there is nothing I can do about it. It will happen when it happens(or when the CCAA gets their butt in gear and refers more than a handful of days at a time :o)).

December has proved to be a busy month so far and there is nothing better than Christmas time in Florida! I still haven't decorated - just a wreath on my front door. When I first moved here 15 years ago it seemed odd to be shopping, decorating and partying in shorts, t-shirts and flip flops. Now I can't imagine doing it all bundled up and freezing my butt off! We've had some cooler temps lately but nothing that a light jacket or sweater couldn't handle.
Last weekend I had brunch with some of the great friends that I've made at my job. Only one of them still works there, one is now a stay at home mom and the other two were unfortunately laid off because of this crappy economy. We had a blast. These girls were pretty much the only people at work that know about my impending adoption. They are all so supportive and always know just what to say to make me feel better. It was just what I needed to get me out of my funk! Thanks girls :o)

Yesterday I spent the day with my best friend and her beautiful daughter. It was a sunny 72 degrees so we decided to head out to the Saturday morning market and then to the park. We had a great day and I got to get some baby lovin' with this cutie! She melts my heart and I just love her so much.

One of the things that I really love about Christmas time in Florida is the holiday boat parade. People decorate and light up their boats like you can't even believe. They blast Christmas music, dress up like santa, elves, reindeer, snowmen - you name it - and drive their boats along the the intercoastal. My friends have a beautiful home on the water and have a shin-dig every year for the boat parade. Once again, they did not dissapoint!
My best friend Rachel, her daughter and me.

The custest little elf ever!

These are fuzzy but the boats were awesome!


And just because it's cool - this owl lives in the bird house outside Rachel's house. He was just poking his head out one day and I got up close to get this photo

I'm off to my parents in Connecticut for Christmas! My sister is flying down here and then driving up with me and the dog! Can you believe that this is the 2nd year that she has done this?? It's a long drive but believe it or not we have a lot of fun. She's the best and I am so thankful that she is my sister. I love you Kate!

Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanza or whatever you celebrate.

3 comments:

Special K said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better. We all get in those funks sometimes. But then we shake them off and keep going.

Have a safe drive and a good Christmas.

PS. What a beautiful baby girl!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Hi Suzie,

The boats look so festive....and that is the cutest little elf I have ever seen!!

Thanks for visiting my blog this week!! I wanted to come over and wish you a very Merry Christmas...safe travels to CT....we will be heading to Cape Cod for New Years!!

Happy Holidays!

Lisa

Alyson and Ford said...

We spent three CNY's without AA, so are looking forward to taking her in 2009. Hoping for faster referrals in 2009.
Happy New Year!

27 Month Old-Alyzabeth's Mommy
Forever Family Day 09/16/08